Certainly, it’s a capable scientific calculator, with arguments, functions, user-defined functions, arguments and variables. But what makes Scalar shine is its script creation and editing tools for automating routine or advanced calculations, complete with syntax aides to help you organize your script writing. But please, just make it so I can close the ad or at lease change it for a “report this ad? If you are reading this devs, and you actually change it, thanks for your time. It has to be since it is available on various platforms like HoloLens, Hub, Xbox One, and of course, PC and mobile devices. The best feature of this app is that you can use the last 9 results for new calculations.
- CalcTape Calculator is an excellent free app that draws inspiration from the traditional office tape calculator and improves on it.
- Numerical fields scientific calculator functions as well as fraction operations and special numbers such as Pi, E and infinity.
- Yet spreadsheets can be overkill for quick sums.
- Version 2 adds extras like history, a memory function, multi-line support, dragging and dropping, and a ton of usability improvements.
- You will find programmer and financial calculator modes in addition to standard and scientific ones.
Photomath provides support for alternative answers, as well as a smart calculator for editing scanned equations and a new graphing mode. The app handles everything from basic algebra to linear, quadratic, and absolute equations and inequalities, systems of equations, trigonometry, and more with equal aplomb. The basic package gives you a fair amount to work with, such as trigonometric and logarithmic functions, a radian mode, undo and redo operations, as well as unit conversions and constants.
Calculator & Maths Solver
If you’ve used macOS (and previously iOS) app Soulver, the concept will be familiar. If you like the free version, there’s also an ad-free pro alternative ($5.49) to consider. Users can plug in the numbers with the traditional keyboard or input equations through voice or photo mode, and then label each number and variable for quick search and recall. Gesture controls let you rearrange elements of each equation, and you can save formulas and variables or break down individual variables into sub-equations. Thank you, Venom R., for contacting us with your helpful feedback. We always appreciate hearing from you, because it gives us the chance to improve.
- This app also stores up to 10 results in history for you to refer to.
- This app from Panoramic Software Inc. can be customized to suit your requirements.
- The other calculator I have does this but I would rather just use one, that is yours.
- If you’ve used macOS (and previously iOS) app Soulver, the concept will be familiar.
If you are looking for a super-light calculator app, this is the one to go for. It can still perform an array of calculations. You can check the history and even zoom the app to fit the screen. It is absolutely free and there is a Share your calculations feature. This app has been available for 7 years now. It is quite a popular third party calculator app on the Microsoft Store.
Pcalc Lite (iOS: Free, with in-app purchases)
I like the way you can delete the history separately or altogether. I use this all the time.Just a suggestion, when you next update your App, could you add a way that the history calculations have a date on it and can then keep a long calculation for that date. For example, I list all my outgoing direct debits from my bank for each month. If I had a date for this calculation, there would be no chance of me deleting this by mistake.
- Photomath turns a phone’s camera into a calculator, with users able to use their camera viewfinder to scan and instantly solve math problems.
- While the in-built Windows Calculator is excellent, it definitely isn’t the best option.
- Explore the free calculators compatible with your device.
- This app will make your life easier, mathematics wise.
A Mode button provides access to trigonometric and logarithmic functions. The app’s settings menu provides hexadecimal, binary and octal support, as well as a viewable 50-line operation history. This is a very simple calculator when it comes to user-interface.
It looks like you don’t have permission to view this file
InVooDoo’s Calcularium combines some neat controls with powerful tools for inputting and editing your calculations. The result is a calculator app that’s easy to use while also featuring some great functionality under the hood. The app particularly shines in its ability to print the tape reel or share it straight to email, VoiceOver accessibility support, and split view compatibility on the iPad, making for a handy office companion. MyScript supports basic arithmetic, as well as percent, square roots, trigonometric (and inverse) functions, logarithms and constants such as pi and Euler’s number. Version 2 adds extras like history, a memory function, multi-line support, dragging and dropping, and a ton of usability improvements.
- The app is available across multiple platforms like HoloLens, PC, Hub, Mobile, and Continuum.
- Apart from the the Themes, which I love also, it’s great.
- In less than 18MB, you get features like a memory list, scientific and standard calculator, and even a graph calculator.
- Karan is a B.Tech, with several years of experience as an IT Analyst.
- Pick your favorite one according to your usual computing requirements.
Enjoy the convenience of live tiles that show the previous calculations and switch themes as per your choice. Digits is a tape-style calculator for iOS devices that allows users to keep track of long calculations on a history reel, complete with text labels. Unlike a tape calculator, though, Digits allows users to go back in the calculation history and change operations or figures, with those changes automatically figured in down the line.
Calculator ++ (Android: Free)
The app is available across multiple platforms like HoloLens, PC, Hub, Mobile, and Continuum. You will find programmer and financial calculator modes in addition to standard and scientific ones. You also get a currency and time converter for over 150 currencies. The app also comes with a very intuitive keyboard. Numerical fields scientific calculator functions as well as fraction operations and special numbers such as Pi, E and infinity.
Calculator ++ is ad-supported, but only displays ads in its secondary screens. Mobi Calculator (formerly CubeCalculator) has been a long-time staple for Android users looking for a powerful and customizable wifi thermometer with app. The main screen covers your basic arithmetic operations and parentheses, as well as two customizable buttons.
Data Used to Track You
The app supports landscape mode, split-screen multitasking, and even includes a custom keyboard for doing calculations within another app. PCalc Lite for iOS has a well-deserved spot on the best calculator apps list as a free, extremely flexible scientific calculator armed with powerful features. While the basic app is outstanding on its own, you can also turn to valuable add-ons. Scalar is ad-supported, with a $2.49 pro version removing advertising and offering premium features like expanded script editing and saving options. While it would be overkill for splitting the restaurant tab, Scalar is a powerful and interesting app to explore for users doing more complex math. I couldn’t exclude the in-built calculator from the list.
- This is a very simple calculator when it comes to user-interface.
- It also comes with an auto-calculate feature for every line.
- The app is very light but loaded with useful features.
- If you have any further feedback, please feel free to let us know through the Frequently Asked Questions section or directly at
- Certainly, it’s a capable scientific calculator, with arguments, functions, user-defined functions, arguments and variables.
Traditional desktop calculators are familiar but don’t infuse context into your calculations. Yet spreadsheets can be overkill for quick sums. CalcNote provides a middle ground, thermometer with droid app alerts in combining a notepad with a calculator. This means you write out your sums in natural language, and the app extracts the important bits and tots up the numbers.
Review of Stellar Data Recovery software for Windows PC
Photomath turns a phone’s camera into a calculator, with users able to use their camera viewfinder to scan and instantly solve math problems. Updates over the years have added the ability to re-order entries and operations, and interface options like a Night mode in the Pro Design in-app purchase; another in-app purchase adds extended exporting options. You can go back and edit steps in the tape, with all operations down the line being automatically adjusted. Users can add text labels to individual steps in the tape, and the entire reel can be copied to a clipboard in order to be emailed or used in a word processor. Calculator++ is another high quality, feature-packed Android calculator that comes loaded with tons of operations, variables, modes and settings sure to warm the heart of a dedicated cruncher. The $1.49 pro version allows for a 1,000-line history, support for five-line expressions, and additional visual themes.
If you need more power than what your phone already provides, give one of the best s a try. Who needs a pocket calculator when you’ve got one of the best calculator apps on your smartphone? After all, even an average phone can top the computational powers of a handheld calculator — and you only have to tote around one device instead of two. This app from Panoramic Software Inc. can be customized to suit your requirements. You can mix and match features to create a tailor-made version of the app for yourself. Download the app for free from the Microsoft Store and use it on Hub, smartphone, Xbox One, HoloLens, or PC.
Scalar (Android: Free)
We will take your feedback into consideration, and see if we can use it to implement changes in our app in future updates. If you have any suggestions or feedback you can always reach us at as well. Calzy an excellent all-around calculator app, so it’s no surprise that this was a past winner of one of Apple’s app design awards. Scan a problem, and the app displays the final answer along with a step-by-step breakdown of the problem’s solution so that you can learn how to figure out solutions on your own. Karan is a B.Tech, with several years of experience as an IT Analyst.
- It needs only about 25MB of your storage space.
- If you need a simple calculator for simple calculations, the in-built calculator would be a pretty good option.
- You get all the functions you need as a scholar of Mathematics, Physics, or as a programmer.
- Hello UncleNige, and thank you for sharing your feedback with us.
Wolfram Alpha needs an internet connection, so if you’ve got spotty mobile signal, you’re going to need another backup calculator. Not only will Wolfram Alpha help you do the math, it’ll also give you formula details, graphic representations and explanations for how the app got to the solution. On top of all that, Numerical also comes with multiple themes and a theme maker.
The best calculator apps you can download right now
You can download it from the Microsoft Store official website. Of course, most phones ship with their own built-own calculator apps. As good as those are, they lack the sophisticated features you’ll find in the best calculator apps — particularly if you need to do a lot of scientific calculations. Super Calculator comes with a very interactive user-interface.
- The app’s settings menu provides hexadecimal, binary and octal support, as well as a viewable 50-line operation history.
- Download this app from the Microsoft Store and enjoy features like the Snap mode and multiple angle modes.
- The app also includes a configurable keyboard, 3D touch support, scientific functions, history and bookmarking, as well as multitasking support.
- This app has been available for 7 years now.
- We recommend checking the different subscription models available in the app settings menu for better prices.
We recommend checking the different subscription models available in the app settings menu for better prices. If you have any further feedback, please feel free to let us know through the Frequently Asked Questions section or directly at Calculator X8 is a comprehensive calculator app that you can use on a tablet, PC, or phone.
Wordtune Review: How To Install Wordtune Add-in Into Microsoft Word?
If you like an app with a customizable theme that makes things easier on your eyes, this is the app you should go for. Download the app here and use 3 different themes. Use the Charm bar to easily change the theme. You can rotate the app to quickly switch between modes and functions. While the in-built Windows Calculator is excellent, it definitely isn’t the best option.
HiPER supports a variety of layout options optimized for phone screens and tablets. Calzy takes a neat approach to calculator apps with a “Memory Area” for quickly saving and labeling calculations, variables and other bits of data that you might want to store for easy reference across multiple sessions. The app also includes a configurable keyboard, 3D touch support, scientific functions, history and bookmarking, as well as multitasking support.